Our Cellos Are Amongst the Best Available for Hire in the UK From Only £18.50 a Month
We Include The Following As Standard
- One of our excellent cellos, set up by our luthier
- A cello bow, the correct size for the instrument
- A padded cello case
What Makes Our Cellos Better Than Others
We take great care when selecting cellos for our hire service, we only pick cellos that we know will be a joy for our customers to play and will help speed them along their learning journey.
Once selected, our hire cellos, no matter what the size, are all set up meticulously by our luthier to our professional high standard. Within the setup we check, adjust and refit as appropriate, The pegs including the holes they fit into in the peg box, the top nut, the bridge, the fingerboard and the sound post. We also make sure fittings like the end pin are all in top working condition. Last but not least we always fit good strings.
All of this combined makes our cellos probably the best that you can hire in the UK.
Why Our Cello Hire Is Great For All
For Adult Beginners
- As an adult beginner, you will benefit from being able to start on an excellently set up cello without the large outlay needed to buy one of these cellos outright.
- Our cellos have been properly set up by our luthier which makes them easier to play and quicker to learn with.
For Parents with Young Cellists
- Parents really benefit from our hire service as do their budding Cellists.
- For a fixed price of £18.50 per month your child will always have the correct size cello to play, without the headache of having to buy and sell cellos as they grow.
- We will swap free of charge the cello that you're hiring for the next size up as and when your child is ready, meaning they'll never have to just make do.
- Your young cellist will progress with much more ease and at a faster pace with a well set up instrument that's the correct size for them, we treat all of our cellos to a great set up no matter what the size.
Cello Size Guide
|Age||Height||Arm Length||Finger Span|
|1/10||<5||<92 cm||<40 cm||6-7 cm|
|1/8||4-6||92-107 cm||40-45 cm||7 cm|
|1/4||5-7||107-122 cm||45-50 cm||7-10 cm|
|1/2||7-11||122-137 cm||50-55 cm||10-13 cm|
|3/4||9-15||137-152 cm||55-60 cm||13-15 cm|
|4/4||>15||>152 cm||>60 cm||>15 cm|
Optional Extras We Can Supply With Your Hire
- Cello rosin
- Cello endpin stop
- Cello stand
- Digital tuner
Bass bags were very helpful with hiring a cello for my wife. Compared with the previous hire of a Stentor 1 Student Cello, this is far superior in terms of tone, and feel (accruing to my wife-and my ears during her practices!). They are very helpful and offer great value. No hesitation using them again.
Bass Bags were really helpful with my cello hire. They even delivered it to my door.